Monday, March 30, 2015

The Year Of The Phoenix

So, for those who haven't seen on Facebook, I have had some very exciting news come in recently. A few pieces, to be honest. Now which to start with...

I think I'll start with the box set that I'm a part of. Alphas On The Prowl will be published 28th April through Excessica Publishing. There are 11 authors in this box set, some of which are NY Times and USA Today best sellers, so you know the stories have to be of high standard. I'm very pleased to announce that The Wolf In The Neighborhood will be getting re-released by itself as well as in the box set. I honestly can't wait to reveal the cover, this is an extremely exciting venture for me.

But that's not all that has me walking on a cloud right now. The Wolf In The Neighborhood (as is, before the edits I'm currently doing for it) and Once Bitten have both made the top 5 Paranormal entrants for the Easy Chair Bookstore Awards, just as Wolf Smitten has made the top 5 Series entrants. I was over the moon when I found out I'd made not one but two lists, 3 times. Final winners aren't announced until 1 June, but just to make 2 lists, with 35 entrants in the paranormal category alone, and 14 in the series categories, is such an honour that I don't think I'll stop being excited about for a long time.

But wait, there's more! Seriously, I'm not just saying it. I'm also heading in another project, a paranormal anthology with a group of wonderful authors. While details aren't being announced until the end of May, I can tell you that it promises to be a wonderful group of stories, ranging in sub-genres, and will be 16+ friendly. I've made the cover already, because I'm just so excited for it, and the biggest piece of excitement for me is that it will be print-on-demand, as well as available on Kindle. Further details are being discussed, however there won't be long to wait at all until the cover is revealed and posters will be
shared. So stay tuned, there is plenty to come.

I've also entered another contest, one for works in progress, but it's only early days so I have no news I can share about that, except that it's so far so good! And this is all before upcoming news and projects through Naughty Nights Press, my publishing home!

One last bit of news, though. Only slightly related. I'm now able to see the light at the end of the tunnel that is this Bachelor's Degree, with 48 weeks to go, with a high possibility of getting invited to do Honours, for which I've already decided on what I want to do. On top of that, glutton for punishment that I am *wink wink*, I'm also considering going on to complete a Master's Degree as well. If I'm not crazy by the end of the BA, I'm fairly sure I will be after the MA hahaha.

So it definitely seems to be the year of the Phoenix. I'd love to hear how this year is going for you, as well. Feel free to share any great news you've had, things to look forward to, or even if things are going rough, I honestly want to hear. The comments are open!

Phoenix Johnson is an Australian author who has always had the passion for the written word. She had her nose in at least one book ever since she could read and would even scrutinize the back of the cereal box every morning at breakfast. It was only natural she take up writing.
After reviewing a few delicious titles for Naughty Nights Press as she wrote her first title, The Wolf in the Neighborhood, Phoenix was of one mind to submit it to NNP, and she hasn't looked back. The Return of Their Master and Once Bitten Twice Shy now join her first title for sale, and all three books are receiving great reviews. Phoenix feels that being invited to write for the NNP blog is a great honour, and loves being part of the team!

You can get in touch with Phoenix on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr or view her website here, or buy her books direct from Naughty Nights Press, or other good ebook distributors.

No comments:

Post a Comment