Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Naughty Nights Press Interviews Erotic Paranormal Author Stacey Kennedy! Stacey's Newest Release "A Broken Bond" Will Be Available March 11!






Naughty Nights Press is so excited to have Stacey Kennedy here to tell us a little about herself and her daily routine. She also has a wickedly awesome new paranormal release in just two days!!! "A Broken Bond" will be available March 11 from Amira Press!!





Hi Stacey! Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to host an interview with you on Naughty Nights Press!

1. Can you share a few “tid bits” about your self? What is a typical day like for you? What “pet peeves” do you have if any?

I love the paranormal romance/urban fantasy genre and love a series more!! Nothing can hook me in more than an adventure and one that keeps on going. I love a page turner, one where I’m up at a ridiculous time and my eyes burn because I can’t stop reading. Witty characters, dominant men, danger, action, romance and hot sex―oh my!

I am a thirty two year old wife, mom, house cleaner, cook, teacher, play-doh extraordinaire, swing pusher, toddler chaser after – who loves the outdoors, curling up with the latest flick, and if I’m not plugging away at a new novel, I’ve got my nose buried deep in a good book.

A typical writing day for me is up at seven, kids off to school by 8:30, then I write until 12:30 when the little guy comes home. After that I’m back into mommy mode.

2. When did you first realize you wanted to be an author?

My journey as a writer began as a way to keep my brain alive since being a stay at home mom can be a little let’s say numbing. It was an escape from screaming kids, dirty diapers and plain old mom duty.

It started as a hobby, but as the stories progressed it became a passion. Now, I indulge at nap time, especially the juicy bits! Every mom needs a good thrill!

3. What part of the story do you think is your strength to write?

I think I have two really strong points to my writing. The first is sex scenes. They are by far the easiest for me to write. The other, is emotional scenes which I guess is why I find sex scenes so effortless. I’m a very emotional person so I think that side of me tends to come out in my writing.

4. Can you please share with us how old you were when you wrote your first story?

My first story I ever wrote was, The Willow and I started it in 2009 so it actually wasn’t that long ago. I never had dreams of becoming an author growing up. Now looking back, I can see little signs that pointed to this being my future career, but at the time I just didn’t know it. It wasn’t until the idea for The Magical Sword series came to me did I have any ambition to write a novel. But I’m glad I did because it’s been a fantastic journey.

5. What was your goal for yourself as a writer when you started? Did you meet or surpass it or did it change for you along the way?

Truthfully, I don’t really have writing goals. I just love to write. So, that’s what I keep doing and I hope that my readers continue to enjoy the stories I write. Maybe one day I’ll write a longer story that I can submit to an agent to hit it “big time”, but right now, I’m very happy where I am.

6. How did you decide to write books in your specific genre? Was there anything that influenced your choice?

I only read urban fantasy/paranormal romance, so it wasn’t a hard decision to know that I would write in this genre. I love powerful werewolves and sexy vampires. I can’t ever see myself venturing out into another genre...but I suppose, I should never say never. Who knows what the future holds.

7. How do you become inspired to write?

The characters are what inspire me. I always start out with a simple idea that is a starting off point. Usually after I’ve fleshed out the first three chapters, which I hate doing by the way, I’m captivated and eager to tell their lives.

8. Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow?

I’m a panster all the way. I have no schedule, no plan, no plotting. I just sit down with my laptop and write, open to wherever the story wants to take me. Sometimes this creates difficult edits afterwards as I try and weave it all together to make sure everything makes sense, but I just can’t work any other way.

9. Which comes first, the story, the characters or the setting?

It’s always different. For example, with A Broken Bond, an erotic paranormal romance that releases with Amira Press on March 11th, the idea for this story started with the concept of one woman running away from her mate that she refuses and her being saved by another werewolf. So, that simple idea started the story for me.

But with The Magical Sword series, published with Liquid Silver, those stories were all created with one character in mind. I knew exactly how I wanted to portray her. Of course though, I had no clue where the story was going to go until I was writing it.

10. What are the elements of a great erotic romance for you?

If it’s believable. That is all it takes for me. One of my pet-peeves in erotic romance is when people throw around words or actions that don’t suit the characters. I need to believe that the...um...events they are doing are something that the character would actually do. And passion is a must when I’m reading an erotic romance. I want the heat to be smoking off the page. I want to feel the need they have for each other and I want to experience that journey with them.

11. What are the most challenging and the most rewarding aspects of writing?

Most challenging for me is edits. They are brutal. By the time I submit a story, I have read it over usually four times. Then, when edits begin I read the story another four times. So...that’s a lot of reading the same story. You can imagine that you begin to hate your own story.

But on the other side of that, it’s the most gratifying when you see your work looking all polished and pretty. When you read through and every sentence flows beautifully with no flaws in the story line―that’s a pretty amazing feeling.

12. Can you share a little bit of info about your current release or upcoming releases with us? Where can we find them?

I’m really excited to share with you all that A Broken Bond – A Wolf Tracks Novel will be released by Amira Press on March 11, 2011.
If you love Alpha werewolves, hot sex and a love story...you'll love this novella!!!

Two years ago, Cash lost his mate and abandoned his Montana pack. Now, he has found a reason to return. Rylie, daughter of the Wyoming Alpha, life has been uprooted. In less than twenty four hours, she has discovered her mate, Layne, refused him, and watched him kill her entire family to claim her. And now, she is on the run.
On her journey to free herself from Layne, destiny brings her Cash, a wolf determined to give her aid to right his wrongs. But how far will he go? When Rylie’s life is on the line, will he forget his pain to save her or will his loss seal her fate?

13. If you weren't writing, what would you be doing?

Spending time with my two young children, hubby and doing mommy things.

14. Is there a specific bit of advice you would give to an aspiring author who is looking to publish their work? Traditional or Self-Publishing, which would you suggest?

Personally, I’d say always go the agent route first. What do you have to lose? Make sure your work is polished and you have a fabulous query letter, then send away. If you get no bites at your work, you can always try e-publishing. I’ve had a fantastic experience with my epubs and I’ve learned so much! If you decide to go the self-publishing route, spend the money and get an editor to look over your work. If you are putting it out there, you want it looking its best.

15. Is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers? Where can our readers find you?

I love hearing from readers and just chatting normal everyday stuff. So, please come and follow me.
Website - www.staceykennedy.com
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000956942180
Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3473046.Stacey_Kennedy
Twitter - http://twitter.com/Stacey_Kennedy



Thank you Stacey! It’s been great getting to know more about you and your sensational sizzling books. I can’t wait for more books from you. I hope we see even more releases real soon!





Posted by:
~ Lady Gina Kincade, The Mistress
Author of Erotic and Erotic Paranormal Romance

Owner of Naughty Nights Press
Naughty Nights Press (NNP) Blog
Join the Naughty Nights Press Official Facebook Page
Mistress Journals Erotic Stories Forum, Founder and Administrator
The Mistress Journals of Gina Kincade Blog
Facebook Profile
Join Me On My Official Facebook Fan Page
Follow Me On Twitter
DeviantArt


3 comments:

  1. Another brilliant interview Gina and what a delightful and charming lady to interview.

    Stacey I loved your responses to Gina's questions, they were insightful, witty and knowledgeable.

    Thank you for sharing with us.

    *bites n kisses*
    Vampirique Dezire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the interview. Very awesome work! Stacy really answered some questions that made me more curious.

    Thank you
    Ray Sostre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me stop by!! It's great to chat with you all and share a little about me! Be sure to find me on Facebook and Twitter, I'm always on there chatting away!!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete