Saturday, February 19, 2011

Author of Paranormal Romance, Katie Salidas, Interview on Naughty Nights Press right now and all week!!!


Naughty Nights Press has the pleasure of Paranormal romance author Katie Salidas on NNP today to share some info about Katie the person as well as Katie the author, and some more information about her newest release of a new short novella of paranormal romance, Karma & Melodies. I look so forward to another awesome read from Katie Salidas!

Hunters & Prey, her latest full-length novel which is the second book in her sexy, hot Immortalis series was just released not too long ago as well. Carpe Noctem being the first book and another one I just could not put down!

You do not want to miss either of these books let me tell you!


Welcome Katie, so happy you could be here!

1. Tell us a little about yourself.

Hiya!! I’m Katie Salidas and I love to write about vampires. Every story I have ever written includes those sexy creatures of the night, though they aren’t always sexy, some are bad.

Other than that, I’m just your average, everyday person: wife and mommy. I have a beautiful daughter who is 6 going 30 and a hubby who really supports my work and wants me to succeeded as a writer. I feel very blessed to have the both of them!

2. When did you realize you wanted to be an author?

I realized it slowly. Writing is something I’ve always done as a hobby and it slowly became a thing that took over my life. Not a day goes by without me doing something writing related. It’s a huge part of me and if I can make it a career it would be a dream come true.


3. What was the first fiction you ever wrote?
Was it for publication? What reaction did you get?

Sadly, the first thing I wrote was lost to the void. I had written a full-length vampire story during the first year of High school. It was after I had finished reading the Vampire diaries series by LJ Smith. That year was also the year my family moved from Texas to Nevada. The pages got lost somewhere between here and there. I never got to see a reaction to it but I’d like to think it would have been received well by friends and family. Would it have been publishing worthy… probably not, but hey, we all have to start somewhere and that was my first try.

4. What author or book, if any, influenced your writing? Why?

The early books I read influenced me and established my love of vampires in any genre. Anne Rice being the queen of that! Her vampire series is still a favorite of mine and I, on occasion, dust off my old copies for another read.


5. What is your most & least favourite part of writing?

Writer’s block! Seriously, that is the worst. It comes in two forms: one, where you simply can’t think of the next thing to type, and two, where you can’t think of a good thing to type next. On the latter, it’s not a lack of ideas that halts you, it’s a lack of good ideas. You might have a million bad ones but not anything viable to work with and that is beyond frustrating.

6. Do you have a ritual to get you ready to write? Something special you do to psyche you up?

Music! I have a folder on my Songbird that is called “Writer Favorites.” It’s a collection of songs that have helped me set the “mood” for writing. Within that folder are songs that have different vibes: action, dramatic, sexy, sad, etc… Depending on the mood of the scene I’m writing, I’ll turn to that specific folder and hit play. It really does help me get into scene.


7. After writing for hours at a time how do you relax?

TV. I usually turn to light-hearted and/or comedy shows. After a hard session of writing my brain is often a pile of mush. My Hubby and I love to watch 30Rock, Community, It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, & Parks and Rec. We love to laugh.

8. Where do you write?

My absolutely favorite spot to write is my loveseat. I’m short, so it’s the perfect place to stretch out with my laptop. It’s also in the front window of my house so I have lots of natural light and fresh air when I want it. Comfy, cozy, nice!

9. Does your environment have an impact on what or how you write?

Only so much as it can distract me from writing. I’m a bit A.D.D. so I’m very easily distracted. I can’t write in public places, I can’t write if people are around me, and I can’t write if there is a TV on. Naturally that means I can’t write when my daughter is around. It’s hard to write with, “Mommy mommy mommy mommy,” in the background. LoL. I have to have a certain level of peace and quiet, which usually means I write at night or when the family is off at school or at work. Oddly enough, I can write with music on, but it has to be music I’ve chosen. I know… OCD right?

10. What is your opinion of writer's groups? Do you find them helpful? And how did you find yours if you have one?

I love writers groups for the community aspect as well as the ability to learn. Writing is not always easy and it is so wonderful to have a group of people who not only understand but can help you reach your goals. I don’t belong to a specific group but through social networking, I’ve made some very good writing friends from all over the world. We may not live close to each other but we are only an email away. We exchange projects, support each other, and critique each other’s works just as well as a local group can.


11. What are some of your pet peeves in life?

Bad drivers. Now I say that and I know I am one of them so I am being completely hypocritical here but the worst is the morning drop off at my daughter’s school. It’s like a slow-moving demolition derby. LoL. The minivan driving moms are the worst about it. LoL. But then again, I’m really no better so I shouldn’t complain.

12. What is your advice to aspiring writers?

Just sit down and write. Seriously, that’s it. Don’t talk about it, just do it. Lots of people say “Oh I want to write” but never do. Just do it. Don’t worry about the nitty gritty editing and stuff yet, just get something down on paper. Once you have something, then worry about the more complicated stuff. You have to start somewhere and step one is to actually have a story on paper.


13. What can you tell us about your newest book (e-book) just released or coming out?

My latest full-length novel is Hunters & Prey. It’s the second book in my Immortalis series and continues Alyssa’s journey through the infancy of her vampirism.

I also have a new short novella, Karma & Melodies, just released. A Paranormal Romance entitled, Karma & Melodies. Look for it on Kindle and Nook.

Kendra and Marcus, could have had the one thing we all strive for, True Love, but fate stepped in and split them apart before that love had a chance to blossom.

Now, ten years have passed and a chance encounter reunites them. But they’re not the same people they once were.

He’s a Rock star with a bright future and she’s a vampire with a dark past. Can their love work, or have their fates been split forever?



14. Is there anything else you would like to add that we might have missed here today?

Just a heartfelt thank you for having me here! Great questions too!!


On behalf of the followers of Naughty Nights Press, your readers and of course myself, I thank you so much Katie for being here! I hope we can have you back again real soon!




About Katie Salidas

Author of the hot new Urban Fantasy series, Immortalis, Katie has always had a desire to entertain. Since, early childhood, she's dreamed up fantastical characters and scribbled them into pages of various journals and notebooks. Taking an interest in vampires at an early age, she devoured every book, featuring those mysterious, blood sucking creatures, in any genre she could find. She claims that, of all the monsters out there, vampires had always been the most interesting.

It was only natural that a love of reading about vampires, and a love of writing, turned into a desire to write her own stories.

A Las Vegas native, having grown up in the famed City of Sin, Katie loves to feature it as a recurring setting for many of her stories.


How Katie Salidas describes herself best:

I am super mom, endowed with special powers and abilities that let me get the munchkin off to karate and swim lessons, put hot food on the table for dinner, assist with homework, baths, and bedtime. And I still find time to keep the hubby happy and write my novels.

Sorry, I can't even write that with a straight face. Lies all lies.

I wish I were super mom. I rarely have the energy to do it all. I do try though. When I find the time, I squeeze in some writing.



You can visit Katie Salidas at the links below for release dates of future books and more information:
At her Home on the Web
On her blog Written In Blood
Facebook Fan Page
Myspace
LinkedIn
Twitter







Interview and post written by:
~ Lady Gina Kincade, The Mistress
Author of Erotic and Erotic Paranormal Romance


Owner of Naughty Nights Press
Mistress Journals Erotic Stories Forum, Founder and Administrator
The Mistress Journals of Gina Kincade Blog
Naughty Nights Press (NNP) Blog
Official Facebook Fan Page
Follow Me On Twitter

1 comment: